Almost everyone has a tattoo and knows that tattoos are forever. Sure, you can get laser removal, but that’s expensive and extremely painful. These public figures and celebrities (even though they could afford the laser treatment) have opted to keep these silly, sometimes downright ridiculous tattoos. The list is not even including the ones that got matching tattoos and then broke up.
- Steve-O has a tattoo of… yep, you guessed it. Steve-O. Himself. How estupid-O.
- Nick Cannon, a.k.a, Mr. Mariah Carey, got Mariah tattooed across his upper back.
- Mike Tyson tattooed his face, enough said.
Janet Jackson has this tattoo on her lower abdomen, it’s hard to see in the picture but it’s Minnie Mouse performing oral sex on Mickey Mouse.
Jackson said, “I have a tattoo on my most private part of Mickey and Minnie Mouse involved in a sexual act. It’s my sense of humor. My boyfriend thinks it’s terrible. He loves Disney too much, but I just laugh. It’s fun.”
Fun? No. Stupid? Yes.
- It’s one thing to have a tramp stamp, it’s another to have a bulls-eye. Jessica Alba has this pretty pink bow… right above her booty. Another tattoo that seems pretty self-explanatory.
Hayden Panettiere loves showing off her tattoo, which is awesome, except for that it’s misspelled. Hayden meant to get the Italian phrase “Vivere senza rimpianti,” which means “to live without regrets,” but the artist added an extra “i” in “rimpianti,” so it reads “rimipianti.”
Ben Affleck has a giant tattoo of a phoenix rising from the ashes on his back. Public reaction to the new tattoo was particularly brutal, with lots of jabs taken at the actor via outlets like Twitter and Instagram. Two of Affleck’s exes – Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Lopez – both slammed the tattoo as well. Lopez bluntly said “It’s awful” on Watch What Happens Live while Garner noted, “Am I the ashes in this scenario? I take umbrage. I refuse to be the ashes.”
- Can Mark Wahlberg just stop? Wahlberg has his own initials, MW, along with his last name tattooed on his upper arm, in case he forgets it.
Angelina Jolie has so many tattoos that the meaning is probably lost on most of them. There are two that bring her to this list, one is the large black cross on her lower abdomen; Jolie has said that she drunkenly got a tattoo one night and when she woke up sober in the morning it was no longer “appropriate,” so she covered it up. She said it was “all symbolic, and it was a good thing, nothing dark.”
The second tattoo to put her on the list is the Latin phrase right next to the cross, it reads: “Quod me nutrit me destruit,” which means “what nourishes me, destroys me.” Angelina has never been one to hide her issues, but this is a bit much.
Megan Fox has eight tattoos, and the stupidest one has to be the tattoo located on her pelvis next to her “pie,” as she likes to call it.
Fox got her husband’s name tattooed on her in a very delicate area; everyone knows what a good idea it is to tattoo a person’s name on your body.
- Nicole Richie tattooed the word “virgin” on her wrist, she says because her astrological sign is a Virgo, which is represented by a virgin. Why she didn’t get a tattoo that said “Virgo,” or even a picture of Virgo the Virgin doesn’t quite make sense to me, thus landing her on the list.
- After her very public beating, Rihanna decided to get a tattoo – she picked a gun. While being a gun enthusiast is just fine, getting a violent image etched on your body after a violent attack while you’re a role model for millions of young girls may not be the smartest decision.
- Lindsay Lohan is another actress with several tattoos, all of them questionable. But this one takes the cake: the actress has the phrase “shhhh” tattooed on her finger, like the gesture isn’t already enough.
- Travis Barker has what is referred to in the tattoo world as a “body suit,” pretty self-explanatory. What lands him on the list is his obsession with Cadillac; he has the word tattooed down his ribs and symbol on his chest. I guess buying the car just wasn’t enough.
Justin Bieber started getting tattoos at the ripe old age of 16. Yes, an age at which it is illegal to get tattoos, but that’s beside the point. Biebs has three tattoos so far, and all of them have a theme: religion. It’s common knowledge that the Bible and religions in general frown on marking your body. But he’s Justin Bieber and he does what he wants, so the Biebs has a dove tattooed on his pelvis, a portrait of Jesus on his calf, and Jesus’ name tattooed in Hebrew down his side.
I submit all three of this into the “stupid tattoo” category on the grounds of overkill, and the fact that they are on Justin Bieber, a person who is in no way cool enough or tough enough to have one tattoo, let alone three.
What appears to be a cactus is an attempt at a monsters hand, at least according to the actor, “one of my tattoos is supposed to be a monster’s hand dropping a bloody heart but I did it myself with a tattoo kit so it looks like a cactus.”
Gosling is the only person on the list that knows and agrees he should be on it, “a tattoo should never be meaningful, because at a certain point you’re going to hate it, and it might as well make you laugh.” That’s a good way to look at it.
- Brad Pitt got his first tattoo after hooking up with Angelina Jolie, the one that puts him on the list are these lines on his back. Apparently, Jolie “designed” this tattoo one night when she was bored, “One night we didn’t have anything to do, so I was drawing on his back,” as one does…. “He just liked it! The picture everybody saw was kind of awkward, but it just lines up beautifully on his back, just enhances the part of the body I like. It’s meaningful in that it’s us making angles and shapes out of each other’s body, that kind of a thing.”
Marco PeregoThough it’s hard to see in this picture, Marco Perego got a portrait of his wife, Zoe Saldana, on his forearm. That way, she’ll always be with him wherever he goes.